Lower Kilcott Farm, Gloucestershire
A KOB Pyromat Eco 170 kW Log Boiler feeds heat via highly insulated underground pipe work to two farm houses.
- A purpose-built central biomass plant room and a wood drying unit are installed into a large storage barn
- A district heating network of underground pipe work feeds heat to the buildings via purpose-built heat interface units. These control how much heat is delivered to buildings to satisfy heat demand, therefore increasing efficiency by reducing overall temperature and heat loss in the underground heat main.
- The system is fully weather compensated, which can save up to 15% on annual fuel costs.
- The L-ENZ wood drying unit can be used all year round and has significantly increased the volume of seasoned fire wood sold each year.
- The customer is claiming Commercial RHI over 20 years