A combination of biomass and solar thermal has significantly reduced annual fuel costs for this cottage. The customer is claiming Domestic RHI for the biomass boiler.
- An existing garden shed some 15 metres from the property was modified for use as a biomass plant room. A dedicated log store was built next to the plant room, onto which the solar thermal evacated tubes were installed
- A 28 kW Fröling S4 self-igniting log boiler supplies heat to a Consolar 2,200 litre thermal store. Heat from the store is fed to the property via highly insulated underground heat main.
- The weather compensated heating system feeds a combination of underfloor heating and radiators
- The 14 square metres of solar thermal contribute to the heating and hot water all year round, and between April and October thanks to the large thermal store, solar energy is maximised. If the sun shines for 1 day, it can generate hot water for up to 3 days
- The system is serviced and maintained by Eco Engineering Limited