The HDG 65 kW Boiler was converted from chips to pellets to offer a more convenient fuel for this Cotswold stone house and detached office/holiday let.
- A purpose-built pellet store complete with sedum roof was designed to be in keeping with the property, it sits in the garden next to the biomass plant room.
- Wood pellets are a completely renewable source of fuel manufactured in the UK. ENPlusA1 grade pellets are recommended by almost all appliance manufacturers. Bulk wood pellets are blown into the pellet store.
- The pellet store was sized to minimise the number of wood pellet deliveries required each year.
- Weather compensated heating system to both buildings.
- Heat metering in the office/holiday let enables the client to monitor and recharge heat usage as necessary.
"The Eco Engineering team were meticulous, knowledgeable and supportive throughout the whole installation process. Always available for advice. Their knowledge of renewable energy systems is second to none. Highly recommended. This is what you need with developing technologies”